A woman is appearing in court today with multiple charges after a vehicle stolen in Minden was identified at a RIDE spot check in Dysart et al.
On Nov. 24, 2021, at 9 a.m., Haliburton Highlands OPP responded to a report of a stolen vehicle in Minden Hills township. Shortly after midnight on Nov. 25 that same vehicle passed through a RIDE spot check that officers were conducting on Highway 118 in Dysart et al township.
As a result of the investigation, a 30-year-old woman of no fixed address has been charged with the following:
– Operation while prohibited under the Criminal Code
– Flight from Peace Officer
– Fail to comply with probation
– Fail to comply with release order
– Fail to comply with undertaking
– Theft Over $5000 of Motor Vehicle
– Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000
– Possession of a Controlled Substance
The accused party remains in custody and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice on Nov. 25, 2021.