The following is a Letter to the Editor published in the June 15 edition of the Minden Times.
To the Editor,
Are you looking for an interesting and rewarding job in Minden Hills for the next four years? This job could be for you.
- Do you truly care about all the residents of Minden Hills, both full-time and part-time? We are in this together.
- Do you think you can help make some good things happen for them?
- Can you talk to the residents, and even more important, are you a good listener?
- Do you have an abundant supply of common sense? It’s not rocket science!
- Are you a team player? One vote won’t get anything done.
- Can you work well with staff and support them? These are the people that have the tough job of implementing council’s decisions.
- Instead of talking about projects for four years, can you help get them done?
- Are you up for some wear and tear, some stress and some sleepless nights? The job description is infinite.
- Are you looking for some power, some glory and a big paycheque? This job is definitely not for you!
- Do you have a good sense of humour? There will be days that’s the only thing that will get you through.
All the residents of Minden Hills deserve a good council. Make it happen! If you think, for all the right reasons, you can help to make Minden Hills an even better place to be, this job is probably for you. All others need not apply.
Minden Hills retired deputy reeve (2003 – 2018)
(One of the most rewarding jobs I ever had for 15 years)
For more information on voting in Algonquin Highlands, visit www.algonquinhighlands.ca/elections.php.
For more information on voting in Minden Hills, visit mindenhills.ca/clerks-department/elections/.