A Minden Hills resident is one of two people arrested in relation to drug trafficking within the City of Kawartha Lakes.
According to a press release from City of Kawartha Lakes OPP, on Nov. 7, as a result of a drug investigation the OPP Community Street Crime Unit conducted a traffic stop on Highway 12 which resulted in the seizure of:
- approximately 339 grams of suspected cocaine
- 76 grams of suspected methamphetamine
- a large amount of assorted cannabis edibles
- 1.43 kg of dried cannabis
- $540 of Canadian currency
- a 2007 BMW motor vehicle in relation to the offence
A 39-year-old Minden Hills resident and a 59-year-old Coboconk resident have been charged with:
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – cocaine
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – methamphetamine
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5000
- Possession of over 30g dried cannabis in a public place
- Possession of cannabis for the purpose of distributing.
Both accused are scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Lindsay at a later date.